- Valves are listed as 'Fusible Link Valves' - UL842 for the US and Canada
- High Quality brass construction with manual feature for use as a service valve
- Straight and angle versions available for installation flexibility
- Robust handwheel design, improved in 2018. 165 Degree F or 200 Degree F closing temperature, depending on model
- Approved for kerosene, ASTM D396 for No1 & No2 fuel oil, ASTM D396 for B6-B20, and ASTM D975 for diesel fuel
Fusible Fire Safety Valves are designed to reduce fire damage by shutting off the flow of oil from the oil tank in the event of a fire. Valves such as these are required by code in residential oil heating installations in conformance with NFPA 31. These valves conform to cULus MH 46634. All valves are embossed with an arrow indicating the direction of oil flow. The seal stem uses a double seal washer/o-ring system with high grade Viton equivalent materials suitable for No. 2 fuel oil and Kerosene. Maximum pressure rating is 10PSI.