- Alert features available with add-on sensor connection kit
- FDA epoxy coated quarter-turn ball valves
- Utilizes advanced ArmorTek coating technology to resist corrosion of internals
- Features an integrated flood sensor with SentryPlus Alert technology to detect excessive water discharges from the relief valve
- Maximum flow at low pressure drop
This 2 1/2 inch lead free reduced pressure zone backflow preventer assembly prevents the reverse flow of polluted water from entering into the potable water supply due to backsiphonage and or backpressure. It is ideal for protection in continuous pressure piping applications and at cross-connections identified as health hazards. This assembly consists of an epoxy coated cast iron body, FDA approved coated quarter turn ball valve shutoffs with lever handles, an FDA epoxy coated strainer, captured spring check valves, replaceable seats, top mounted test cocks, and a field reversible pressure differential relief valve. The coating on this backflow assembly uses ArmorTek technology to resist corrosion due to microbial induced corrosion (MIC) or exposed metal substrate. This backflow assembly contains an integrated flood sensor with SentryPlus Alert technology to detect excessive water discharges from the relief valve. When activated through an add-on sensor connection kit, the flood sensor relays a signal that triggers notification of potential flooding to service personnel. The add-on sensor connection kit is available for building management systems and cellular communication.